Chapter 1 - Part 1
My Childhood Friends Are Trying To Kill Me now has extra chapters up on kofi-shop! Buy them now, only at https://ko-fi.com/rainofsnow/shop ! Tier 1 with 3 advance chaps is for 5$, tier 2 with 7 advance chaps is for 12$, and tier 3 with 10 advance chapters is for 18$~
Returning to her room in a hurry, Lelia locked the door and immediately checked the game system. As it was a large-scale update, many windows appeared, but there was something else to check first.
[I hope it’s applied.]
With a trembling heart, Lelia launched the special recipe production screen.
Immortality Eye Recovery Medication
– List of materials required
Determination of kiss of love (0/1)
[I kissed him clearly, but there’s still 0 items.]
When Alchemy was called, a square speech bubble with a cleaner design than before appeared.
- The pension system has been updated. Would you like to see a new pensioner? ♡ . °
“I don’t care, come out quickly!”
When she pressed the [Yes] button, a series of messages came to her mind.
- Alchemy Lottery’s mind mode ON is complete!
- You can get more honest pension advice! ٩꒰｡•◡•｡꒱۶
- System : Done applying dual mode. [It cannot be changed afterwards.]
- Ask your Alchemy questions now! (´•᎑•`)♡
Lelia approached as she was waiting. She snapped back.
“I definitely kissed Kalix, but the item didn’t apply. Isn’t it an error because I did it after the update? Give me my item right now!”
To put it bluntly, a speech bubble appeared a moment later.
- I’m sorry to hear that, but the kiss you just had was invalid.
[What…? That’s ridiculous.]
What is it?
After a while, a speech bubble appeared.
- That… (•́₃•̀) It’s a sad story, but the kiss a while ago was ‘void’.(๑•́₋•̩̥̀๑)…
Lelia’s forehead wrinkled at the unknown message.
She wondered if the second message that popped up just now was what Alchemy was thinking. Isn’t it funny?
Who is crazy now?
“Why is it invalid?”
As soon as she asked the question, Alchemy immediately popped up a message.
- A kiss of love means a kiss fervently with the heart of love! ( •̀ᴗ•́ )و ̑̑
*(Was that even a kiss?)*
She was speechless.
She thought she had succeeded…
[What am I going to do?]
- Kiss him with love, please!o(≧∇≦o)
Lelia lost all her strength to the sense of frustration. When she sat down on the sofa, she could feel her legs shaking. After trying to calm down for a while, she decided to check the updated contents one by one.
For now, 20,000 crystals were added as compensation for the inspection.
“Only 20,000 crystals?”
It wasn’t a huge reward for Lelia, who had to raise 100 million crystals.
When she entered the event screen, she could also see that various packages were added. From weekly packages to monthly packages. It’s all a trick to get money and eat money. At that time, the top event caught her eye.
- Just once, a chance to recharge the crystals twice!!! (•̀∀•́)✧
Upon closer inspection of the event, it was an opportunity to double charge the crystal once per account.
For example, if you were charged 100,000 shillings, you pay 50 crystals instead of 100 crystals.
[So, in about 50 billion won, you can solve the magic of golden words?]
But there was not even 10 billion, let alone 50 billion.
But it was an opportunity that she couldn’t miss.
Lelia thought about how much money was left in the estate.
In addition, as it was a large-scale update, this and that were added, but she didn’t want to actively look at it.
This was because she had not been able to get a kiss decision of love.
[What’s so hard about this?]
As she lay down on the sofa, she felt sad.
From her friends’ work to the Superion estate work to the game system. Everything felt like a series of hardships.
“… Let’s figure this out first.”
In order to do so, she needed an informant to secretly investigate her aunt and household.
Lelia lifted herself up again with energy.
[As expected, it’s best to ask Romeo, right?]
Then, a small message appeared.
- Do you need help from Alchemy? Try “Informative Mode”! |ʘ‿ʘ)╯
*(Give me 200 crystals. 200 Crystal.)*
It’s useless, but it didn’t mean that the mind mode wasn’t helpful at all.
It’s one thing to feel bad about.
It was comfortable to know that “informative mode” costs money right away.
Besides, 200 crystals is a reasonable price.
“Okay, then look into Aunt Atias and the Superions. Everything should be as detailed as possible.”
- ✧*｡٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧* Trust only Alchemy!
- -200 Crystals deduction complete.
She didn’t know how detailed Alchemy’s investigation would be… but stil…
[Then, is the remaining question about money?]
Lelia jumped up and headed for the safe inside the room. When she went to the capital she recharged the crystals and the remaining amount was still considerable.
However, it was not enough to raise 100 million crystals even with double charge.
At that time, the message screen appeared again.
- You who are always suffering from a lack of crystals! Try the ‘Crystal Loan Service’ right now!!! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
[Do you have that?]
Lelia looked curiously at the detailed message Alchemy was sending.
It said she could borrow up to 80 million crystals, depending on her credit rating.
Roughly calculated, it was possible to raise 100 million crystals with a loan. No, maybe she should hold back…
[It’s possible depending on the credit rating. Then how much can I borrow now?]
- Would you like to check out the available crystal right now?](•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
It was very uncomfortable to see Alchemy’s mind messages. But Lelia pressed the “yes” button.
First, she needed crystals.
After a while, a message came to her mind.
- Your loanable crystal is 80 million crystals! Would you like me to explain how to repay it? (୨୧ ❛ᴗ❛)✧
- There is no limit to the repayment deadline, and the debt will be deducted each time Alchemy completes its mission. ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ *The amount of crystals depends on the difficulty of the mission.
She was expecting huge interest rates. The redemption method seemed easier than she thought.
However, looking at Alchemy’s inner thoughts which followed, she felt very anxious.
[But, by all accounts, the terms of repayment seem to be good?]
Lelia squinted and asked.
“What kind of content is the given mission?”
- Alchemy’s mission is created according to your situation (*^▽^*) There is no dangerous content and everything is for the user. However, if you fail the mission, you will be given a penalty.
[Yeah, there’s no way there’s no cost…]
Lelia thought with a shaky expression on her face.
If there were no dangerous missions, no matter how much you looked at it, it wasn’t a loss.
[Even if it’s a little risky, otherwise it would take more than 10 years to raise all the necessary funds.]
Lelia made up her mind and then nodded her head. There will be no interest anyway, so it would be better to get the maximum loan.
It may have been an impulsive decision, but it seemed like she would make the same choice even if she thought about it for a long time.
Lelia knew and was determined to keep her decision.
“Then I will proceed with the loan with the maximum amount.”
- Please wait a moment!( •̀ᴗ•́ )و ̑̑
*(Wow!✧*｡٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*Yaay yaay yaay yaay!!! Yaay yaay yaay!!!*☆ﾟ°˖*ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ)*
As soon as she saw Alchemy’s heartfelt messages floating right after, her heart was shaken.
[No, why do you like me so much?]
There was no way that Alchemy would be happy for her. There must be a catch.
But before she could even get anxious, a message immediately came to mind.
- Loan approval complete.
- After 3 minutes, 80 million crystals will be sent to the crystal holding pocket .(•̀ᴗ-)✧₊˚
[Oh, this is not the time!]
Lelia decided to top up all the cash she had straight into her pocket.
When she gathered up the crystals that were already left, the calculation came to a close.
[Crystals would rather remain.]
Lelia happily waited for the loaned crystal to come in.
And after a while.
- 80 million crystals paid out!
After the message popped up, and she saw the amount of crystals she had, she felt a strange thrill.
The current crystal holdings are a little over 100 million.
She expected it to take an incredibly long time to collect them all… The loan system made things easier.
Lelia was delighted and called for Alchemy.
“All 100 million crystals are ready. Unleash my maximum magic quickly!”
- Are all the necessary rewards ready? If you give it to Alchemy, your wish will come true. ପ(๑•̀ᴗ•̀)*
“Hurry up, hurry up!”
Lelia said, stomping her feet.
Once the magic spell is broken, she can confess the truth to her friends even today. Her heart raced at that fact.
Romeo, Griffith, Oscar, and… Even for Kalix who didn’t notice anything.
Lelia wanted to confess the truth with her own mouth.
It seemed that only then would she be able to cast off her guilt for her friends.
- Now, with Alchemy’s intermediary, you can fulfill the wishes of the holy things without the cost of ‘life’
*(I didn’t say it would happen right away. ┐(ﾟ～ﾟ)┌)*
Lelia stopped being happy and looked blankly at the screen. It’s not going to work right away?
Doesn’t it happen right away?
“You said you would do it right away!”
- Unfortunately, the situation is different now than it was then. (｡•́︿•̀｡)
*(Did you think it’s easy to solve the magic spell? Smiles smirking)*
Lelia trembled and clenched her fists.
- It takes about 10 days for the wish to be applied. ( ᴗ_ᴗ̩̩ )
Lelia sighed deeply.
Yeah, well, in about ten days, she could understand and wait.
[Cause I don’t know how many years it would take if it wasn’t for the loan anyway. Ten days is nothing…]
Lelia checked the gauge marked 3% in the corner of her screen.
The moment that gets to 100%, Lelia will be able to confess the truth to her friends.
[I’m happy though. How can things be so easy!]
Lelia sighed in relief and sat comfortably on her sofa.
Can things be solved this easily? She was so happy and lighthearted.
Maybe it was because her tension was relieved, or her body suddenly lost strength, but she felt sleepy in an instant.
[Should I sleep a little bit until Becky comes?]
Lelia rested her head on her sofa in a comfortable position.
After that, several message windows popped up with a beeping sound.
- From now on, depending on the situation you are in, Alchemy’s mission will be created irregularly. (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
- Mission proceeds <1> each, and a <penalty effect> is given in case of failure or failure to fulfill the mission.
- When the penalty effect occurs, the action for the mission is ‘forced’ regardless of your will. *^▽^*
- Mission proceeds with content for users. Accordingly, you will be given missions to clear your recipe. (｡•̀ᴗ-)✧₊˚
- This is the first mission! ٩(*•̀ᴗ•́*)و
- Go to Kalix, the target of your liking, and kiss him right now.
- Go to Kalix, the target of your liking, and kiss him right now.
- System: time limit 9 hours 59 minutes 58 seconds
[PR/N: Well, I think I know who’s the ML now.]
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed what you have read, do consider tipping us a little through: https://ko-fi.com/rainofsnow . Once we receive 6$, an advance chapter will be posted as a thank you. Don’t forget to mention the series that you’re supporting!